What is medication management for the elderly?
Medication management is a type of elderly care where carers are also responsible for helping with all aspects of medication. Elderly live-in carers can help effectively manage all medication needs and will support your loved one with any aspect of their medication that they need help with.
Our highly trained and qualified carers can help your elderly loved one to ensure that:
- No medications are missed out
- Medication mistakes that may lead to harmful drug interactions are avoided
- Medications are taken as prescribed
- Pain is managed adequately
- Prescriptions are collected, when required
- Promoting independence is vital to ensure that elderly people are active and in control of their own care as much as possible. Both our live-in and home care workers are able to support you with your medication management.
If you’re interested in medication management support for you or your elderly loved one, call us today on 0118 427 0362 for a free consultation.
How can live in care assist?
Whether you are looking for elderly home care for a loved one, we can help ascertain your exact care needs. Our flexible approach means that you can arrange elderly live-in care in your own home that is tailored to your loved one’s needs. Elderly care at home is not limited to basic personal care, as we connect clients with highly qualified, self-employed carers which means they can offer flexibility, familiarity and continuity. You can read more here in our care guide.
We have a robust and rigorous vetting and interview process which means we only work with the best carers. By choosing to hire your own carer, you benefit from:
- Seeing the same person who is familiar with you or your loved one’s needs and routine
- Having continuity of care
- Help from our knowledgeable management team to match you to the perfect carer for your needs
- Building a better relationship with your carer