Live in Care
Whether you are looking for live-in care for yourself or a loved one, Helpd will work with you every step of the way to get what you need.
What is Live in Care?
Live-in care is when a carer moves into the home of the person being cared for to provide care. It may seem a daunting prospect but through our method of carefully finding out your needs and preferences and matching you to the right carer, we make the process as straightforward and hassle-free as possible. The service offered by your live-in carer will be tailored to your needs, so your carer can help with as much or as little as you like, allowing you to maintain independence and your own routines.
Our live-in carers can also provide companionship; whether that’s sharing meals, watching TV or getting out and about together. Having companionship has been shown in studies to boost both physical and mental health.
Typically, a live-in carer can
- Assist with getting up in the morning
- Help with personal care (dressing, bathing and grooming)
- Facilitate trips out; (A trip to a museum or local café, for example)
- Assist with paperwork and letters
- Prompt medication
- Help with pets
- Help with the housekeeping
- Help to attend medical, dental and other appointments
Help with shopping
- Attend social events
- Assist clients with entertaining friends and family; for example, carers can help cook Sunday lunch for a family visit
- Provide companionship